On the other hand it also had antibiotics which triggered depression, two colds which left my head thick and fuzzy, frustrated attempts to find a house for next year, avoiding people and my office, too many days of missed seminars or talks and nights both wishing and unable to go out.
It is largely because of those that this update is so late. I looked at the targets I set myself and they seem like a joke, however moderate they were.
- 2 long bits of writing - I haven't even achieved 1, though I have managed quite a few pages of notes
- 5 blog posts (this one doesn't count) - I posted 2
- Attend 3 large social gatherings - I'm trying to remember...I definitely made it to two, possibly three
- Read 1 theoretical text and 1 biography - I think I did read 1 theoretical text, but not a biography
- Three cheers for CBT? I have my doubts about it and I think it is a far from universally good therapeutic technique, but I think I am at a stage where it can be helpful. That is, I am aware that I am mildly depressed and want techniques to help me stop my brain spiralling onwards into more serious depression, because it's been there before and has bad habits. I'm taking a course which seems to be helping spur me into helpful actions at least.
- I have started to organise my notebooks and type up notes from last term.
- I had another meeting with supervisor. She still seems happy with what I am doing, so...
- I volunteered to write a survey for the department. This should be exciting :)
- I have started 'timesheeting' my work so that I can keep track of where time is going and note down when I've worked on what
- 1 piece of longer writing for second supervisor
- 2 short first draft pieces of writing for first supervisor
- Finish organising notebooks
- 4 blog posts
- Complete survey successfully and prepare to send out